Monday, May 2, 2011

Cursive

My thoughts are very scattered right now. Sunday was a great day for me. I felt the spirit strong. I felt the peace about a concern of mine, and this talk ran through my mind.

I absolutely love this talk. I makes me hopeful, it makes my grateful of the experiences I have been through in my life. I am optimistic despite my downfalls and trials I continue to go through.

"How Do I Love Thee?"

http://speeches.byu.edu/reader/reader.php?id=1618

There is the talk there, but here is my favorites

"Like ships, people have differing capacities at different times and even different days in their lives. In our relationships we need to establish our own Plimsoll marks and help identify them in the lives of those we love. Together we need to monitor the load levels and be helpful in shedding or at least readjusting some cargo if we see our sweetheart is sinking. Then, when the ship of love is stabilized, we can evaluate long-term what has to continue, what can be put off until another time, and what can be put off permanently. Friends, sweethearts, and spouses need to be able to monitor each other's stress and recognize the different tides and seasons of life. We owe it to each other to declare some limits and then help jettison some things if emotional health and the strength of loving relationships are at risk. Remember, pure love "beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things," and helps loved ones do the same."

I am keeping in my mind the cursive writings of my CTR ring- trying my hardest to choose the right. Always- in everything, life is hard, and Satan is on the prowl, but our love for the Savior will bring us the love we need to find our eternal companion. I am sure of it!

"A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you" (John 13:34; emphasis added). Of course such Christlike staying power in romance and marriage requires more than any of us really have. It requires something more, an endowment from heaven. Remember Mormon's promise: that such love--the love we each yearn for and cling to--is "bestowed" upon "true followers of Christ." You want capability, safety, and security in dating and romance, in married life and eternity? Be a true disciple of Jesus. Be a genuine, committed, word-and-deed Latter-day Saint. Believe that your faith has everything to do with your romance, because it does."

- A

No comments:

Post a Comment