Wednesday, February 16, 2011

OrGaNiZeD

I am overly organized. Most people who know me personally, are very aware of this wonderful flaw.
I do have my moments of chaos. Its rare, and usually is in my room or car.
But over all I organize everything. The way my clothes and shoes are, to how the papers on my desk are arranged
More importantly my thoughts.
Have you ever had a mind full of un-organized thoughts?
Some that need to be stored away high in a box where you can go back to it randomly and slowly work it down to where it no longer exists. Some that are so stupid you put in the garbage can within seconds.
Then the thoughts in the foremost of your brain that clutter everything up and need to be taken care of right away but you know will take time....
Thoughts can be very destructive. Your mind can derail you from exploring the actual possibility of purpose.
I visualize the thoughts in my head like one of those old school shoe organizers with all the small boxes that fit the shoes if they are stacked.. like the pic below.
The thoughts are all scattered on the floor.. the most important ones that get most attention and figured out get put away in the top and then continue from there.
Feelings are the hardest thoughts. Trying to separate what you feel, and what you think you feel, and what your thoughts make your feel.
Very confusing
There are some thoughts that no matter how many times you clean it up and put it away, it falls out of place and scatters its self all along the floor. Stumbling across it and tripping, getting frustrated “I just cleaned this place up, how is it a mess again?”
If I had a mental vacuum and could just suck all the mess away and never have to “think” about it again would be just great.
Sadly I have to pick up everything one at a time. Put it where it belongs, and move on to the next one that comes…
Clear your head, clean it up, and make room for the best and most important thoughts

1 comment:

  1. I want a mental vacuum! my mind would be so open to new things that actually matter.

    ReplyDelete