Thursday, March 31, 2011

BlogSpot Light

My Dearest friend KC wrote this post- we share a lot back and forth and it was exactly what I needed this morning.  All you lizadies that are reading this, please edify your soul with this,

Korby Charles Nordfors

The Lord's precious daughters

Over the past year or so I have vicariously experienced so much heartache and frustration and sadness through the eyes of a woman, it completely saddens me. It makes me upset and depressed and ashamed to be a man. The male gender is truly a very carnal, selfish, and barbaric race. For the most part, we live with no heart, no love, no compassion, and no sacrifice. We are judgmental and hypocritical. We expect our women to be these perfectly beautified slaves to our ego and manliness. It's wrong, it's so terribly wrong.

I know there are some great men out there, but they are rare and getting harder to find as our society churns an abundance amount of evil and hate through all walks of life. The great men are men who are obedient to the Lord's commandments, respect and maintain worthiness to bear the priesthood, and who are humble and submissive to the Lord's will. Through doing these things, carnal man are able to learn compassion and act selflessly in the service of all those around him.

But we are so weak. I could share countless examples of precious daughters of our Heavenly Father who have had broken hearts and hopes destroyed because of the weakness of one man. God's daughter's are naturally endowed with the compassion that males generally lack. Females are naturally selfless and extremely giving of their time and talents for the benefit of another. Women are also easier able to overlook faults, and learn to love someone for who they truly are inside, and not necessarily how they act on the outside. That's why so often girls allow boys to walk all over them, giving them second, third, fourth chances to be forgiven. Girls are by nature sweet and innocent and supremely kind, so much so that they are too often taken advantage of for their goodness. But rarely do these beautiful daughters of God become embittered or jaded. They hurt, they suffer, then they gain courage and get back up to face the harsh realities of the world with bright optimism and a huge hope. Only to be dashed into pieces once again by a stupid boy.

Stupid boy, I'm the same old, same old, same old stupid boy. Not only is this a great song by Keith Urban, but unfortunately it rings true with me and many of the ex's of my close female friends. I cannot even tell you how many times I have sat in conversation with a wonderful young woman discussing her heartache that has come because of a sorry excuse for a man. I, yes. I am to blame as well. I am a stupid boy, and hope to God that I can overcome my weaknesses in order to be able to love a woman with my whole heart and my whole soul! I want nothing more than to give my entire life to a worthy daughter of God. I am just lost and confused and very, very weak. I struggle. I know we all struggle. But why must the Lord's precious daughters be put through so much pain and agony and suffering because of the faults and weaknesses of us stupid boys?

I pray for compassion like my dear female friends who do so much for us. I pray for empathy, that I might be a better comforter. I pray for charity, that I might give up my life for the welfare of a beautiful woman. I pray for patience, understanding, selflessness, and mercy. I pray for a stronger desire to serve and to love. I pray for humility. I pray for hope. For without these attributes, I am nothing
 

1 comment:

  1. I love it! I wish every guy I know could read this and remember it always

    ReplyDelete