Tuesday, October 19, 2010

They'll call me freedom

I hate living in Vegas, mostly the traffic. I work 30 minutes from where i live. I work RIGHT off the strip....I hate the strip, I hate how dirty it is, it actually smells. No exaggeration there. But...yes there is a but...I'm not going to be a negative Nancy. I love listening to music on the way to and from work. Ipods were really a gift from the big guy up top. I looooove being able to have a playlist of random music. I hate radios..HATE!
So this morning on my way to work, with the beautiful sun rising.. I was listening to Men at Work- Down under.. I love that song. I sing it at the top of my lungs. But I also love Dela, I know why the dog howls at the moon...I love weird music (yes I know) Dela reminds me of being in Africa, dancing around with little children. Down under reminds me of my mom, dancing in the car. I have a new fav song, called wavin flags by K'NAAN (say it slow) It was this years world cup soccer theme song. It too reminds me Africa. I want to go to Africa so badly. I research charity organizations all the time where i can go help small communities out there. I will go one day.
But i love music. I love how it can say everything you're feeling at that moment, and bring out feelings you never once knew you had. I used to always think that music was just music and only church music could help you feel the spirit...but that is not true. Rap ain't gonna invite the spirit..but Dela will ;)
I love music.
"I am comforted by the assurance that there will be beautiful music in heaven, and for that I am most grateful."
-- President Spencer W. Kimball

I love that quote too :)
So do as I do, find your favorite song and dance, dance, dance....until you re sweating and your chest hurts ( the song only played 3x before i had to stop, I'm outta shape sheesh!)

2 comments:

  1. You're funny. But I appreciate your sentiments (The positive ones, anyway.) I too love music. I have about a billion playlists, (one of which is called Peanut. haha) And I love love love my favorite songs. I have a lot. Although, my favorite songs are usually slow, contemplative, chill music. I'm not a big dancer. Although I do have a few songs that pump me up. But I'm overall a tranquil guy, so those are my tunes. However, currently my effing ipod is broken, and I'm pissed about it. I listened to the radio for a bit, but got annoyed quickly. So I ended up having to burn cds for myself, which suck because they only hold 17 songs, and I tire of those 17 quickly, so I've made about eight cds but still it sucks, and I hate having to change the cd. Reminds me of highschool, back in the stoneage! haha

    ReplyDelete