Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Coketity Coke, In my throat.

If you have never heard that song before, you will have to remind me to sing it to you, or catch me on one of my coke deprived days when the need for a freezing cold cola is the only thing to cure me of my anger, sadness, hunger, thirst, famine, or depressed state I am in.

I have a very deep love for Coke. Or Coca Cola. If you are not a soda drinker, then you wont be able to relate. My obsession of it started around the age of 21. My dearest mother drank diet coke almost every day of her life.  She then started to become delirious and mixed her drinks- OK people, listen to this ( I am not by any means exaggerating) She would pour half a diet coke with half a caffeine free Pepsi, in a large cup packed full of ice. Sounds crazy you say? I looked it up and a lot of people actually do that. So shes not as original as she thinks.

I like to drink my coke with lime..oh so good. I like lemon, but I prefer the lime.

I know most of you are thinking that having an obsession with coke is bad. You are very right.
I watched Oprah last year and she said that women who are between the ages of 23-39 who drink at least one soda a day increase their chance for diabetes by 30%
This scared the crap outta me, I'm sure most of you know, I have a fat tooth- I like all things sugar, fat, cream, sugar, fat, carb loaded foods.
Well, I found a distraction from my obsession.........................Wait for it......................
CLUB SODA, SELTZER WATER, whatever you call it. It works
It only works though, with Lime. I cant drink it straight up. I have to have at the very least lemon in it.

So, all you soda loving lovers out there, I expect a nice gift for curing your addiction

2 comments:

  1. LIES! You got a Coke for every meal in Italy... don't lie....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didnt say i quit drinking it..I said I found a distraction from my addiction ;)

    ReplyDelete