Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Lip Service

I don't like lip service. We all do it. I don't like it though. I am going to make it an effort to always say what I mean and do what I say.
For those of you who do not know what lip service is lemme explain... Lip Service is an idiom, meaning giving approval, or support...insincerely.

Who wants that...and WHY give it?

I guess its easier to say something, and do the opposite. If that is your real intention..then why waste your precious breath on saying what you don't sincerely mean?

It is better to be thought perverse than insincere. Seriously the most exhausting thing in life is being insincere. Its unnatural.. for most. But when you aren't sincere, how does that make you feel? Well for me.. I hate it..I HATE IT. I can barely deal with it, lying, or fibbing...I am truthful and I would rather be truthful and say things that I mean, or want and get hurt, than to not say or feel what I really do. 

Whatever...

Buddha stated this  "An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind."

Done. 



1 comment: