Monday, November 15, 2010

Don't

Don't call me. Don't write. Don't show up in the middle of the night, you know that we needed some time and space to breathe.
I still recall the words you said to me. It's what you did not say that sets me free. Now how can I find peace of mind when you keep coming back again?
It's not okay for you to play this game of seesaw with my head
Now it hurts too much, and it hits too hard, and I won't play this part.
Don't call me. Don't write. Don't show up in the middle of the night.
So now I say the things I want to say, sometimes it's better letting go this way. I'll always know down in my soul we really had so far to go. I've given all I had to give, and now it's time for me to live, and I won't look back and I won't regret, though hurts like hell, someday I will forget.
It's funny how we seem to end up here. I never thought I'd see this soul disappear.

And this is letting go.

2 comments: