Monday, November 1, 2010

Your mind is a cupboard and you stock the shelves

I feel sometimes I suffer needlessly from carrying such large burdens. I try really, really, hard to make sure my heart is open to the healing power of the Lord. The Savior has promised, “I will … ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that … you cannot feel them … ; and this will I do … that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.” I have realized this, and felt this. Sometimes I get wrapped up in my emotions and thoughts. I have been alone a lot more than I anticipated lately, and you can very easily allow your mind to take complete control, thoughts and concerns, lead to tears and mourning. Then I sit there and of course like everyone else in the whole world wonder "why me?" "why couldn't this have been easier?" "why do I feel like such a failure" I am quickly then reminded with an overwhelming feeling of warmth and assurance, that this is just but a small moment that I am stronger than this and meant for more. I LOVE this poem-

Stick to your task ‘til it sticks to you;
Beginners are many, but enders are few.
Honor, power, place and praise
Will always come to the one who stays.

Stick to your task ‘til it sticks to you;
Bend at it, sweat at it, smile at it, too;
For out of the bend and the sweat and the smile
Will come life’s victories after a while.
—Author Unknown


I love the simplicity of it.
I love that it has many meanings- because it can mean something to me..and then something totally different to you. I usually follow through on everything I do. Once I get something in my head I do it, I go after it and achieve it. I love that quality in myself. I am reminded of a quote by Pres. Monson "May I share with you a formula that in my judgment will help you and help me to journey well through mortality... First, fill your mind with truth; second, fill your life with service; and third, fill your heart with love."

I feel the strength given to me by the Lord. I feel the peace of the decisions I am making. And I have more than ever recognized the adversary and his cunning, deceitful, quiet ways of deception. The Savior does not want me to feel sorry for myself, to feel like I will never be worth more to another soul than used product. To feel like if I am a failure. To feel that I am a horrible person. I am none of those.
The bigger issues are fear. I fear that no one will want me. I fear that the next great thing that comes to be, I will ultimately try to destroy and close up because of the incredible fear of getting hurt again. To have to know I will someday bare this burden again brings me to massive tears. I am hopeful I will find someone who can see me. Who can read me and know who or what I am without me saying. I know the Savior will take care of me. And those who are to enter my life for permanence again will understand and feel the truthfulness and righteousness of my decision.
I hope someday I will see what I am worth, and believe it. I am constantly filling my mind with truth, just understanding it and absorbing the actuality of it is the challenge. Filling my heart with love is the easiest part for me. I want to love so badly. I want to fall in love and be in love forever. I am excited to know that someone will be good enough to love me. For now though, I will put all my love and service towards the Lord.
Be of good cheer. The future is as bright as your faith.

3 comments:

  1. I feel the humility in you when I read your posts Pia. You are a sweet spirit with hot looks and bod! You are standing up for women and for your future children by breaking the cycle. I applaud your courage and strength. I love you and wish you comfort and strength through all of this:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Laura! Hope you know that I love you tons! you are and always be in the few of the best friends ive had my whole life.

    ReplyDelete